California Superior Courts
Don has tried to verdict or has successfully settled complex criminal cases charging crimes such as:
Homicides, Robbery, Embezzlement, Felony Assault, Burglary, Grand Theft, Insurance Fraud and Medi-Cal fraud
in Superior Courts of multiple California counties.
Federal Courts in California
Don has tried to verdict or has successfully settled complex white collar criminal cases in the federal courts of California, New York and Alaska charging such offenses as:
Mail and Wire Fraud, Insurance Fraud, Bank Fraud, Currency Structuring, Money Laundering, Tax Evasion,Mortgage Fraud, Tax Evasion, Bankruptcy Fraud, Medicare Fraud, Medicaid fraud, False Claims, Money Environmental Crimes, Currency Structuring Transactions and other federal crimes.
Mr. Heller has also represented business entities in consumer fraud matters including but not limited to unfair competition and false advertising claims.
Civil Trial Practice
Don’s civil practice is focused on representation of clients in the state and federal courts in association with Matheny Sears Linkert & Jaime in contract, business and commercial disputes and trial.
Don’s association with Matheny Sears in complex cases over the past 12 years has resulted in the ability to provide skilled and competent trial lawyers in the high quality representation of clients.
Four trial lawyers including Don have been recognized as skilled trial advocates by the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Areas of Practice
Representation of defendants in state and federal criminal courts.
Representation of defendants on appeal in State and Federal Courts and in writs of mandate to the state appellate courts.
Representation of Individuals, Corporations, Partnerships and LLCs in criminal and regulatory investigations conducted by state and federal agencies.
Experienced in the following criminal offenses:
- Bank and Mortgage Fraud
- False Statements On Loan Applications
- Bribery and Public Corruption
- Bankruptcy Fraud
- Mail And Wire Fraud
- Tax Fraud
- Securities Fraud
- Computer Crimes
- Intellectual Property Crimes
- Obstruction of Justice
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Money Laundering
- Environmental Crimes
- Mediation & Arbitration
- Representation of corporate officers and members of corporate boards in all claims involving breach of duty and allegations of fraud and related claims.
- Vehicular Manslaughter
- Federal Firearms Violations
- State Firearms Violations
- Insurance Fraud
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization (RICO)
- Non White Collar Criminal Offenses:
Assault With A Deadly Weapon; Murder; Robbery; Burglary; Grand Theft and Forgery
- Healthcare Fraud
- Medicare Fraud
- Medi-Cal Fraud
- Consumer Fraud
- Unfair Competition
- False Advertising
- Representation of physicians, dentists, podiatrists and chiropractors in billing fraud and administrative investigations
- Representation of physicians, dentists, nurses and other healthcare professionals in administrative proceedings including but not limited to license revocation hearings.